Crack Sealing is an Integral Component of an Effective Pavement Preservation Program
A scheduled program of pavement maintenance that includes sealcoating and crack filling will more than double the life cycle of your asphalt pavement and provide maximum curb appeal. Sealcoating and crack filling is a fraction of the cost of repairing or replacing asphalt pavement. The key to effective crack filling and sealing is to repair and fill the cracks while they are small, as crack filling inhibits crack growth and keeps new cracks from forming.
Who Uses Crack Sealing?
- Property & Facility Managers
- Homeowner (HOA)
- Shopping Centers
- Apartments & Condominiums
- Office Complexes
- Industrial Parks
How Does Crack Sealing Work?
- By using hot rubberized asphalt crack filler on minor cracks in your pavement, you are sealing small problems, helping to prevent bigger ones from happening.
- Water is one of the most damaging elements to asphalt, so when the surface of asphalt becomes cracked, water can enter the crack.
- When the water enters the crack, is creates more damages deeper in the pavement leading to larger cracks, and potentially creating potholes.
- Once water penetrates the base, the overall structure of your asphalt can begin to weaken and become compromised.
- If these bigger damages do occur, it could lead to larger maintenance items like pothole repair and patching, or even asphalt replacement (higher cost items).
By diligently maintaining your parking lot and/or driveway, you are ultimately saving money in the long run by preventing larger, more costly repairs/updates. Asphalt crack repair services work best in protecting your asphalt when in conjunction with other repair services like sealcoating, pothole repair, patching, etc. Contact Clean Edge Services today for your free consultation and proactively protect your pavement investment with the proper maintenance plan!
Asphalt Sealcoating is the Smart Choice for Pavement Preservation
Asphalt pavement is mostly rock and gravel, along with a binder. The rock is held together with this binder known as asphalt cement. Maintaining this binder is essential to preserving the life of asphalt surface. Rain, U.V. rays, and chemicals, will degrade the binder and thus begin the degradation process of the asphalt. This will continue and create a surface that turns brittle. So, the purpose of asphalt sealcoating is to protect the asphalt pavement and to beautify at the same time. The earlier an asphalt sealer can be applied in the life cycle of asphalt the better.
Sealcoating Increases Pavement Service Life
It is important to implement a maintenance program that utilizes sealcoating to extend the life of your parking lot or driveway. Sealcoating will provide a layer of protection blocking out harmful intrusions such as water, oils, and U.V. damage. In addition, when asphalt sealer is applied to manufacturers’ specifications, sealcoating provides a slip-resistant surface with a deep black finish that beautifies the parking lot or driveway.
A regularly scheduled sealcoating program will more than double the life of the asphalt, saving you significant dollars down the line.